CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 30, 2011

Halloween Sensory Bin

I have had so much fun planning this bin and it turned out exactly as I could have hoped so I am very excited for Boogie to see it!


Pin It

So many fun and different types of things this month! So, what's in the bin?


* black beans- the base for dumping, pouring, transferring and all kinds of fun things (walmart)
* pom poms- counting, colors, matching, fun with googly eyes :) (I think Michaels? I have had them awhile)
* feathers- counting, colors, matching (Michaels)
* stretchy skeletons- counting and colors (Target)
* erasers- counting (Target)
* foam stars- counting (Target)
* black cauldron- dumping and pouring (Dollar Zone)
* pumpkin container- opening, closing, dumping, pouring (Dollar Zone)
* pez dispensers- opening, closing, up and down (No idea! They were mine)
* plastic bats- counting and colors (Target)
* spider rings- counting, lacing on pipe cleaners (Dollar Zone)
* wind up black cat- fine motor twisting (Walmart)
* glow in the dark magnet letters- learning letters (Dollar Zone)
* pipe cleaners- lacing, colors, counting (Michaels or Walmart)
* snakes- colors, counting, animal sounds (Target)
* pumpkin table scatters- counting, dumping, pouring (Target)

He hasn't seen it but you can look forward to pictures after he does :)

Looking for more sensory bin ideas? This site has a great list!

Our Worldwide Classroom
Looking for more Montessori inspired ideas?

Montessori Monday

Looking for more kid friendly activities?




Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I just saw your link in the worldwide classroom blog. Your bin looks so much fun!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patty! I love looking at other sensory bins, too :) There are so many places to get inspiration from!

    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sensory bin! Great idea to use Pez dispensers! I really appreciate your telling where you found everything. Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday! I featured your post at the Living Montssori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb! Thank you so much for stopping by :) I really enjoy your blog and am very grateful for the feature on your facebook page! Thank you! Whenever I see people post activities, I want to know how I can replicate them, so I try to make that easy for my friends and readers. Boogie LOVES the pez dispensers actually, especially since my Hubby showed him how to shoot black beans across the room with them :)

    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a SUPER cute Halloween Sensory bin. I love the contrast of the black beans & the bright orange! Thanks for linking it up to Living Life Intentionally Sensory LInky!! Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black beans are such a fun filler. I think you're right, I think the contrast does it. Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...