CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 21, 2011

Felt Board- Jack O Lantern

After scouring the web for Jack O Lantern templates so I wouldn't have to do all the thinking myself and cutting free hand, I found almost exactly what I wanted over at DLTK. I still browsed the web for pictures to help me think of other ideas. I wanted a nice round number of eyes, noses, and mouths. I settled on 10 of each and wasn't wholly inspired by DLTK's offerings. So, some of the other ideas either came from my head or sites I found through google images.

Except for some time you need to put into this for the cutting, this is incredibly easy! And if you are a football fan, just curl up on the couch this weekend with your scissors and a couple pieces of felt (orange for the pumpkin, brown or green for the stem, black for the face). And some imagination and patience :) Felt is very easy to work with because it doesn't shread or tear, but I suggest using tape if you are drawing a template and not just doing it free hand. I do a little of each (templates and free hand). He's only two, after all. It doesn't have to be perfect!

I took the picture on our couch this time because I didn't think all the black would show up well against the green felt board. Didn't notice until just now that one of the noses was trying to escape. Oops!

If I have the time to get to the store before Monday, I would really like to do this game from The Crafting Chicks with Boogie.

I am really pleased with the final product and know that Boogie will enjoy it next week when we break out all the pumpkin stuff. He has been loving his potato heads and we have been naming eyes, ears, noses, mouths, and accessories a lot recently. I will probably spread them out something like this when I introduce it to him so he knows which are the eyes, noses, and mouths. After that, I am not sure how I am going to keep them separate in the felt pieces drawer he has access to all week. Maybe 3 envelopes, one with a picture of human eyes, one with noses and one with mouths. The pumpkin will stay on the felt board.

Hope this helps someone out there who is looking for a cheap, non-scary Halloween activity to do with a tot!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...