CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What's on the Tray? Ducks, dogs, and dinosaurs!

I have really been enjoying my new trays, so I wanted to give a closer look of what we are doing with the letter D this week.

Pin It

Sorting dog bones by color. Because our number of the week is 4, there are 4 bones of each color. 


Q-tips kind of look like bones, right? They could be dog bones or dinosaur bones! The idea is to drop the q-tips through the holes, and then either open the other side or take off the top to dump them and start again. There are 20 q-tips. 


Grow a dinosaur!  So fun!


I am calling this one "drip drop on a duck" :) Boogie uses the eye dropper to suck up the blue water and get the duck wet.  


Dino dig. I took pictures of 6 plastic dinosaurs we have, copied and pasted them into a table on a word document, printed it out, then stuck it in a sheet protector. Boogie will dig for the dinos buried in the rice, then match them to the pictures.


Play dough, of course!


When we finish growing the dino, we will use the tray for a bottle cap spelling page. Boogie obviously does not understand spelling at all yet, but he is very good at puzzles and matching.


Want to see other Montessori inspired activities?

Montessori Monday

2 comments:

  1. Great activities! Your "drip drop on a duck" activity is TOO CUTE, and I always love dino excavations! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I linked to your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again, Deb, for stopping by and linking to my post on Facebook! I appreciate your encouragement :) My Boogie loved the duck activity even more than the dinos, believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...