I have a picture where the flash went off too but it is a lot of orange with the flash on! So, what's in the bin? Besides a lot of orange, I mean :)
* popcorn- the base for dumping, pouring, transferring (Shoprite 4 pound bag $2.59)
* scarecrow- pretend play and talking about textures (Christmas Tree Shop $1.69)
* TY beanie turkey- pretend play with scarecrow and texture talk (Dunno! Probably Shoprite. Have had it several years.)
* light up pilgrim couple- pretend play, turning the switch on and off for the lights (Christmas Tree Shop $1 each)
* fabric leaves- counting, sorting by shape/color (Dollar Zone)
* pumpkins- counting and textures (handmade!)
* cornucopia- scooping (handmade!)
* feathers- counting, sorting by color (Michaels)
* acorns and pinecones- counting (came together at the Dollar Zone. Bought 2 packages)
* acrylic pumpkins- counting (dollar section at Target for $2.50. There were a couple hundred in the box)
* wooden alphabet beads- talking about letters (Walmart $4 for a big bag. We just used one alphabet set.)
* acrylic acorns- sorting by color and size, counting (Pier 1 because I had a gift card)
Not as much variety with activities- mostly counting and sorting by colors or sizes. Boogie's favorite part of the sensory bins so far is the dumping and pouring for the most part anyway, though. There is a lot of variety with textures this time, so when we sit down together with the bin, I plan on helping him put words to what he is touching.
Check out Boogie's other sensory bins!
Back to School/September
For more Thanksgiving fun, Boogie has Thanksgiving Tot Trays too!
Linking up to these parties:
Montessori Monday @ Living Montessori Now
TGIF Linky Party @ Living Life Intentionally
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday @ Crayon Freckles
The Sunday Showcase @ Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
Sensory Tub Ideas @ Our Worldwide Classroom