CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What's on the Tray? Elephants, Eggs and Eyes!

Boogie has a cold, which he shared with me, which I shared with Hubby. Bam Bam is having a nasty eczema flare. (Is that what it is called? Attack? Whatever it is called, it is incredibly itchy and red.) We are pretty much falling apart over here. So I did not get everything done for the trays that I wanted to for our letter E week. Boogie is just happy with the surprise and variety each Monday, though, and is very low maintenance as far as what the actual activities are.

Pin It

This first tray is another water and eye dropper tray, inspired by the letter E week at The Princess and the Tot. Boogie loved "drip drop on a duck" a few weeks ago. I could not find a tray with an E theme so I just went with ice cube trays. This is a sensory tray (water), a fine motor tray (squeezing the dropper), and a hand-eye coordination tray.


Mama to 4 Blessings had the brilliant idea to give her children all the old contact lens cases she could find around the house. As soon as I saw that post, I knew I needed to do it for Boogie as soon as we got to the letter E. There are 2 different types of cases, so we can sort by case. The tops of one type of case are 4 different colors, so we can sort by colors. We can sort by tops and bottoms. And then of course we can play the on and off game over and over again.


I made this activity back in the summer, inspired by Fun and Engaging Activities for Toddlers. It has been in the cabinet for awhile, but I brought it out for the letter E. The first post about it is here. Basically, I repurposed plastic Easter eggs to teach colors and shapes. Each egg has a matching pom pom inside. Each egg has a shape drawn with a sharpie on the top and on the bottom. Each opening of the egg carton has a colored shape on the bottom. So, Boogie can match the right color pom pom to the right egg, the right top to the right bottom (based on color and shape), and then he can match the right egg to the right opening in the egg carton. He might do all or none of those things. He might just throw the pom poms and eggs around. But he might also enjoy all the matching!


Boogie loves circles and he loves matching, and he did end up enjoying the dinosaur sheet the second time he played with it during our letter D week. So we have a tray with an elephant spelling sheet and our bottle top letters. The sheet is from Confessions of a Homeschooler.


Another sheet from Confessions of a Homeschooler made its way onto our trays this week. Usually I have these by the table and I pull them out when Boogie is in the right mood for some quiet table work. Boogie likes magnets and understands that there is a difference in how they respond to each other depending on which side of the magnet he is using because of his trains. We can talk about colors with the magnets, and this also teaches one to one correspondence.


We have a play dough tray with the scented pumpkin pie play dough and our Wilton cookie cutters for E and the number 6 as well.

There were a few other things I wanted to do, but, like I said, it just wasn't happening this week. I am not sure how F week is going to go either, since I haven't had much prep time with all the germs and scratching affecting our days. But, you can see what we wanted to do by checking out my letter E pinterest board by clicking on the picture below.


Linking up to:

3 comments:

  1. Your title is great - I kept thinking elephatns, egg, and eyes - O my! =-) I love the shape egg activity. Thanks for linking up at TGIF! See you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sierra!! had to come take a peek :) thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth- Boogie enjoyed the eggs too :)

    Rockabye Butterfly Mom- Couldn't find your name on your blog! Glad you stopped by! I am trying to get organized to post our F trays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...