CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Celebrating Advent

I love December! I love Christmas! It is such a magical time of year and my husband and I want to start some new traditions now that Boogie is old enough to participate.

Here are some of the things we are using to make December a meaningful time for Boogie, focusing on Jesus.

 
This e-book (4.99 at truthinthetinsel.com) is geared towards preschoolers or kindergarteners, but we are modifying it to work for Boogie.  Each day there is a Bible reading, an ornament (like the Jesse Tree idea), a discussion idea, and an activity. Everything is very clear, detailed, and organized, making it an easy way to do something special with your child without having to do the planning. I recommend it!


We got this Fisher Price Little People advent calendar last year and love it. It is incredibly expensive on amazon, so go with the Fisher Price website. The pieces are soft and durable, and the velcro makes it fun and easy for little hands.


We got our Fisher Price Little People Nativity set this year at Family Christian for $19, which included shipping and handling! It is $30 at Target, if you can find it. The link I provided still has it on sale for $24. The stable plays "Away in the Manger" and the star lights up.


I got this magnet Nativity set for Hubby and I several years ago from a Christian book store. There are numbers on the back of each magnet if you want to use it for a countdown. I put all the magnets on the fridge for Boogie to play with together.


We are also doing a Christmas book advent (counting down to Christmas by reading one new Christmas/winter themed book a day), which I have seen all over the internet this year. I hope to do a post about this in the next day or so. In the meantime, we have started with a very cute rhyming board book about all the fun things we do during the Christmas season, but how the most important thing is to celebrate Jesus.

What is everyone else doing to celebrate the advent season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...