CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Tot Trays (Part 2)

Boy, am I behind in posting! I have 2 weeks worth of Tot School pictures that I want to post, but just haven't had time to organize them and pick out the best ones.

In the meantime, here is what is on Boogie's trays this week.

Pin It

This idea was inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Playing with Words 365. I changed it up a little bit based on what I had. I used 10 different colors because I already had a color wheel. I used pony beads for the noses (and used permanent marker to make the black and brown ones). I used matching colored pipe cleaners for the antlers because I didn't have enough brown. I like the finished effect though. The idea of this tray is to  use fine motor skills to pinch the reindeer onto the color section that matches the nose and antlers. So there is not only the fine motor mastering, but also the color matching. And, of course, we can count to 10.


Aren't they cute?!








This tray is another fine motor and coordination tray, inspired by Joyfully Weary. I used the second styrofoam cone from the set I bought to make Boogie's cornucopia and quickly painted it green, which is why it looks so terrible. I have to use what I have, though, and not be picky! The lights are from Michaels and are so cute. Boogie will poke the lights into the tree, which takes 2 hands so you don't knock the tree over or ruin the styrofoam. Boogie can make patterns with the lights. He can follow directions if I tell him to pick out certain lights. We can count how many lights there are total or we can count by color. Largely, this is fine motor and color recognition.



This tray works Boogie's fine motor skills too but is definitely easier than the clothespins. Boogie will pick up the jingle bells from the box and put them into the paint tray. This teaches one to one correspondence. We can make patterns out of the different colored bells. Again, color recognition plays a part in this tray. We can count the bells by total or color as well. We also have a sensory dynamic with the ringing of the bells, which I think he will love. I have seen this idea on almost every blog with tot trays!


We are only doing 4 new trays this week, keeping out our play dough, and having an empty tray! Gasp! Something has to give this close to Christmas, and if Boogie only has 4 new trays, I think he will survive. This idea came from My Delicious Ambiguity. I also added three different colored pieces of construction paper. So, this tray has a fine motor and coordination aspect with using the tongs to move the bows around. Boogie will sort the bows by size. Using the red, green and yellow construction paper I provide, he can also sort them by color. We can count how many bows there are total, by color, or by size. We can also make patterns out of the bows.


As I mentioned last week, Boogie still has his mini-Christmas tree (see with the Christmas Tot Trays), and his Christmas sensory bin out all the time.

Linking up to these great parties!

6 comments:

  1. Love you tot trays for the week! The styrofoam cone with the lights is my favorite. Wish I'd thought of something like that.

    Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reindeer clothes pins, so creative! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun ideas! I especially love the reindeer.
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh isn't this just CUTE and FUN!!! I would love to invite you over to share it here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great trays, i love your reindeer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun trays. I especially love the reindeer. I like the matchy antlers.

    Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...