CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tot School- Christmas (The letter G and some gingerbread)

** Boogie is 26 months old**

I had so much fun planning this week! We played with our tot trays, we did some worksheets, we have been doing advent activities, and we have been doing a ton of other fun Christmas stuff around the house (like decorating our Christmas tree and baking cookies). This was supposed to be a "G is for Gingerbread" themed week but Boogie was not very interested, except for decorating play dough gingerbread people.

The big, non-Christmas news is that as of November 29th, BOOGIE HAS STARTED POTTY TRAINING!!! He is not staying dry, but he will tell me when he has to go and since December 14th, he is also pooping on the potty! He gets one M&M each time he pees, and two if he poops. We had consciously NOT let him taste M&Ms before this because I knew I wanted something small and special for potty training and it is working like a charm :) He is not allowed to have M&Ms at any other time so he asks to use the potty fairly often. We are making progress in becoming a one-baby-in-diapers family :)

Before we get to the tot school summary, two things. We did our Christmas theme starting the 5th so I am a bit behind with my posts. Second, is that I want to let everyone know that these pictures are thanks to my wonderful husband who saved them from the depths of my camera when I accidentally deleted them all. I woke him up sobbing because I thought they had transferred onto my computer, and so I deleted them from the camera. That is what happens when I am tired and don't double-check. He did some research and used a website to recover the SD card and was able to get them all back! He is my hero <3

On to tot school!

Boogie loves playing with his Nativities! The musical Fisher Price Little People Nativity is a huge hit and he loves it more each time he pulls it out as he learns more about the Christmas story. He calls Baby Jesus, "Baby So" because he loves to sing "Jesus Loves Me" and his favorite line is "The Bible tells me so"- such a cute connection! 

 

Bet you didn't know that Mack and Red welcomed Jesus in Bethlehem, did you?!
Boogie also enjoys his magnetic Nativity.


Ever since we went to the Please Touch Museum where there was a almost full size bus to walk through, Boogie has mixed up buses and fire trucks, since they have the same kind of huge windshields in front. Here he is playing with his Melissa and Doug Pattern Block "bus truck."


Boogie likes reading a new Christmas book each night for our Christmas Book Advent. This was his reaction to A Cars Christmas book.


Decorating his mini-tree.


Playing with his Christmas sensory bin.

Smelling the empty, but still potent, peppermint extract bottle.
Stringing red ornaments on the red pipe cleaner then pretending it's a train.
Trying to blow out the electric candle. So cute!

"This is the life. Relaxing with my sensory bin. Oh yeah!"
Enjoying his peppermint play dough. He is loving using the jewels for decorating and I am loving the fact that the play dough doesn't really stick to the jewels at all. This has been great for his fine motor skills, as well as talking about shapes and colors.




Using his Christmas tot trays.





"Writing" in the salt box. The idea is for him to make letters, shapes, or numbers eventually. Right now he just kind of explores it.

We tried watercolors for the first time with one of our The Truth in the Tinsel ornaments and Boogie loved it! So we water-colored our Bible word coloring page from Totally Tots. The verse during our G week was "Every good gift is from above." (James 1:17) Boogie is "memorizing" his verses now by filling in the blanks when I pause over words. For this verse he would say "gift" and "above" when I sang the verse for him.

Practicing cutting and pasting with another page from the same link at Totally Tots.

 

 

We bought Boogie a $5 floor lap desk at Michaels and he has loved doing his "work" there.



Do-a-dot page from COAH.
 

In that last picture, Boogie is working with dry erase markers in his Christmas notebook. I got the idea from here at 1+1+1=1. We used printables from 1+1+1=1, Musings of Me, and 2 Teaching Mommies

Painting with homemade glue paint. I added some acrylic paint and water to mostly used glue bottles. This was an idea from Pinterest that we used on one of our advent crafts and then let boogie go to town on some wax paper.

Building with a billion yogurt cups.


I actually have tons more pictures from that week, but think I am going to post separately about all our Christmas activities outside of the shelves and printables. 

Linking up to Tot School @ 1+1+1=1.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, such a fun and busy week! I love your magnetic Nativity. Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have misplaced my Little People Nativity and I miss it so much!!

    I love the picture of him smelling the peppermint bottle. :)

    Brittney
    www.moms-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WoW! I especially Love your Christmas Sensory Bin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the peppermint playdough christmas trees are a great idea - i love the yogurt tower too - how much yogurt did you have to eat to get that many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine (Win Key Solutions), thank you :) We have loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...