CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

{FREE} Chinese New Year Dragon Printables

Since my husband is Taiwanese, and we celebrate Chinese New Year (Monday the 23rd this year) with my in-laws, I decided to try my hand at creating some printables for Boogie because I could not find a lot of Chinese dragon printables online. I had a certain idea in my head of what I wanted so I decided to make them myself. There are only 9 pages, but it is my first try at this kind of thing :) Feel free to click on the link below to download the pages for your child(ren).


Pin It

If you do use the printables and blog about them, please be sure to link back to my blog so others know where to get the file. I would also love it if you would let me know that you used them so I can link to your post! I would love to see how other children like the pages. And I will be sure to post pictures of Boogie too :)

My inspiration came from the printable made by Carisa at 1+1+1=1, Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations, and Erica at Confessions of a Homeschooler (link below). There are many other blogs with wonderful free printables, but the ones I chose to make are most like the ones made by these three talented and creative ladies, at least in style and hopefully in quality too!

To supplement the printables I made, we will also be using some of the letter D printables from COAH along with our tot trays, and crafts.

We will also be using the wonderful Chinese zodiac free printables over at Playing With Words 365. Katie's husband is half-Chinese so her family is celebrating the New Year, too. Katie and I have been chatting back and forth about ideas for our little ones and she is offering two wonderful freebies that each have tons of uses. Katie made a memory game and a clothespin wheel that you should definitely go check out.

Making Learning Fun also has some Chinese New Year printables, as does DLTK-kids.

And you can check out my Chinese New Year board on Pinterest for more great ideas.

32 comments:

  1. That little dragon is SO cute! Thanks for the free printables!! I am so interested in homeschooling, but I don't think I'd ever be able to convince hubby. :-/

    I'm a new follower from the Mingle with Us blog hop! Feel free to come by my blog. :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie! I fell in love with the little guy, too.

    I am sorry you and your husband aren't on the same page with homeschooling. That is so hard! I hope he will change his mind!

    Stopping by your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your beautiful printables! I have pinned it. Thanks for linking up to Thinky Linky Thursday!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely adorable!! I love your printables! I will definitely be using them with my kids! I saw you on Thinky Linky Thursday, and would love to link to this post tomorrow when I share some resources for Chinese New Year. Do you mind if I post the picture of your cover page and link it to this post? Again, nice work! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your kids are enjoying the printables, Carla! Thank you for your sweet words!

      Delete
  5. PS. Thank you so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday! This is awesome! I can't wait to see what you're doing next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, found you at Sun Scholars link up today! Fellow homeschool mom and we are having a Chinese New Year party on Monday! I am going to use your Dauber Red Dragon sheets for the young kids and will be sure to link back!

    I made some Chinese Fortune Cookies with felt and put surprises inside in case you are interested.

    Melissa
    http://www.thejoysofhomeeducating.com/2012/01/diy-chinese-new-year-crafts-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you will be able to use the printables! I have been enjoying your CNY posts and just linked up to your party. I mention in another post by epic fail with fortune cookies this year. Maybe I will get brave again next year!

      Delete
  7. Sierra these are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty darn good for your first printables! Pinning and sharing on Facebook! OH and thanks for linking these at Thrifty Thursday! :D What program did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words and for pinning and sharing them, Katie! I used publisher and it was so simple! Love it! Will definitely have to find another occasion to make printables for :)

      Delete
  8. These are great! Thank you for sharing them at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie. I enjoyed making them and was glad to share them :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, thanks! We'll be using these on Monday, and I'll blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Just checked out your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful printables, Sierra! Thanks so much for generously sharing your printables. Your printable was the free printable of the day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deb! For the compliments and for sharing my printables!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing. So fun. Glad you linked up to Monday Madness. Hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute printables! Thanks for sharing your hard work! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for adding the printables! we will be enjoying these tomorrow! I have been blogging about our chinese new year fun if you want to have a look!

    http://wormseye-view.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always nice to find other bloggers celebrating important holidays! Just stopped by your blog too :)

      Delete
  14. these are really beautiful. I will use these for my tots while my olders learn about China! Thanks for the printables. I will be sure to link up when we use them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how they work for your family! Thanks for stopping by. I am now following your blog :)

      Delete
  15. Wow, these printables are fabulous. You are right, it was hard to find printables for kids to celebrate Chinese New Year and I must say, for your first try at creating, you did such a wonderful job. I am so glad that you found my blog and linked up a few of your excellent posts and I hope that you will come back to join my link party this week. Can't wait to see what you do next!
    Shauna
    myshaenoel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this thank you for sharing and i love your blog!!!
    http://discoverykidzone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Following and enjoying your blog now too :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...