CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Snow Play Dough

This did not turn out quite how I planned and it all comes down to being thrifty and buying the cheapest flour. At least, I think that is what I did wrong. I did not get bleached flour and so sadly our snow is more off-white than shiny white. And I got a small tube of white glitter so it is not very sparkly. Epic fail. But Boogie is enjoying it, blissfully unaware that it is not perfect :) The joys of childhood! I used our go-to playdough recipe and didn't add any food coloring or scent. Just the white glitter. I also made half a batch this time just to see if it was enough because we are going through flour and cream of tartar at a fast and furious rate.


You can kind of see the glitter, right? Next time I will know to use bleached flour, and a combination or white and silver glitter. Learn from my mistakes, friends!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I can see the glitter! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I forgot to pull out the same shape cutter when my boys played with blue and white play doh today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our snow playdough didn't turn out quite right either :( I added some white paint to it to brighten up a bit but then also had to use a ton more flour. I feel silly admitting this but I've never thought to 1/2 the recipe (I use a recipe from my teaching days so we always have too much) - you are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a cornstarch clay for snow dough. never thought to ad gitter though, cool! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...