CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's on the Tray Wednesday # 2







It's that time of week again! Time for all of you wonderful and creative moms and teachers to show off the fun ways you keep activities contained! Whether it's on a tray, in a bin, or in a workbox, this is the place for you to share your stuff :)

Last week, my first WOTT party, had 11 links, which I am pretty happy about! Thank you to everyone who participated! Hopefully the party will continue to grow, and I also hope that those of you who linked up got some extra traffic.

Most Clicked Link:

This is the part where I share who was the "most clicked" link last week. Drum roll please...

Hooray for 1 Mommy's Journey! I included the picture of my favorite tray that she posted- a letter matching mitten activity. She has 12 trays (including this one) with all kinds of fun winter activities.


My Fave Three:

It was hard to choose favorites because I loved all the trays and bins people linked up, but here are three that really caught my eye.

Brittney at Mom's Heart created this beautiful winter sensory bin. Her boys not only enjoyed the sensory experience, but also engaged in some pretend play.


Raising Little Rhodies has a ton of cute trays, but my favorite was this one, with a book about dressing for the weather and some felt friends to dress for the weather too. As a former English teacher, I love book connections. And my Boogie LOVES felt :)


Lastly, Rockabye Butterfly had some great opposite work on trays. Not only did she have this great soft or hard sorting tray, but she also has trays for sink or float and heavy or light. She encourages her daughter to guess which category the object will fit into before exploring it, which is a great teaching strategy in any subject!


If you were featured above, please feel free to use this button on your site :)








 Now, it's on to the second week of What's on the Tray Wednesday!

The following rules are pretty standard across linky parties that I participate in, but it's all worth repeating :)

1. Link up a fun, kid-centered learning tray activity. Please link to the actual post, and not your homepage.

2. This linky party is only for activities that are contained- either to a tray, a bin, a workbox, or whatever else you use to keep one activity in one place.

3. When you link up, please make sure you have included my What's on the Tray Wednesday button or a text link back to my site somewhere on your site (in the post, in your sidebar, on a linky party page). This way other people who are looking for tray activities can come back here and see what everyone else is doing.

4. I would love it if everyone who links up would become a follower of my blog via Google Friend Connect. If you leave a comment letting me know that you are a new follower, I will follow you back. It is always fun to "meet" new people who are doing the same types of things with their kids!

5. Each week, I will feature my three favorite trays from the previous week. So, if you link up, you are giving me permission to use one of your pictures. Hopefully, you will get some traffic on your blog as well :)

6. When you link up, I will visit your blog and comment on the wonderful things you are doing with your kids. Everyone loves feedback and encouragement!

7. Please comment on at least one other blog that has linked up. Again, people blog to connect with each other, and everyone appreciates being appreciated :)

WOTT is linked up here

Can't wait to see what everyone shares this week!

8 comments:

  1. What a creative idea for a linky! It lends itself to discovery. So fun! Thanks for inviting me. I have added your button to my links and hops page.
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my winter sensory tub! I can't wait to check out this week's great ideas!

    Brittney
    www.moms-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know about this meme. It is a great idea! I added it to the list of school linkies at Link Rink. I'm also following you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding the link party and for following my blog :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your nice comment on my winter sensory bin post and for "following" my blog! I'm also following you now and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...