CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 27, 2012

Winter "I Spy" Bottle

I got this great idea that we were going to make a Winter "I Spy" Bottle. Boogie did all the material adding and it looked awesome!


Pin It

Materials:

*Bottle (fast food milk bottle)
* water
* blue glitter
* mini blue glitter pom poms
* flat marbles in white and blue
* star marble
* blue and white pony beads
* blue and white tri-beads
* blue diamond beads
* silver bell
* googly eyes (for snowmen)
* alphabet beads spelling out winter and snow

All the stuff on top is to mask The Problem. Yes, capital letters. The Problem was that when I tried to seal the top with hot glue, it didn't work quite right. The bottle leaked.  After trying a couple different ways to solve the leaking, I added some blue felt, a silver bow and some white ribbon to make it pretty again.

Within 24 hours, the water was murky and there was stuff floating in the bottle that was definitely not wintery. So, we had to pitch the whole thing :(

Apparently, I am going to have to look up ways to make an "I Spy" bottle correctly! But if you know the secret ingredients so it doesn't get moldy and gross (my guess is using something in the water or not sealing off all air completely) then I wanted to give a materials list because it was beautiful until it wasn't :)

5 comments:

  1. I love your vulnerability and willingness to share with us what really happened. Even if it wasn't quite as successful as you had hoped. Do keep us posted if you find a solution for The Problem. :)
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will, Trina! I hope I do because I would like to make a Valentine one!

      Delete
  2. Oh that sounded like such an awesome idea. Please share if you ever get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to do some research on other blogs. I will keep you posted!

      Delete
  3. Although I haven't tried it, I read somewhere that you can use Karo syrup.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...