CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 10, 2012

Fave Five Friday- All things Valentine!

It's Friday! Finally!

Last week was so crazy, I didn't get around to posting a fave five. I was also torn between Groundhog's Day and Football (I usually go with our tray theme, but those poor little groundhogs are so underrepresented!) so maybe it is for the best.

This week it is all about love and hearts and valentines! Not gonna lie, probably will be next week too. I would like to prioritize better and not worry so much about having new things out on Boogie's trays, so I think I am going to plan more than one week of the same theme if possible and just switch up the types of activities a little. So we will probably have at least one more week of Valentine fun.

Anyway, with all that said, here are my five favorite Valentine activities that we will not get to because of time, resources, or Boogie's age.

Disclaimer: I am not adding a "pin it" button to this page because these are NOT my ideas or creations and I am linking to posts, not pins. If you would like to pin these fabulous ideas, please make sure you click the link and pin them from the originating site! And you should go check out these awesome sites anyway :)

This first activity from Chasing Cheerios is fun, simple, and frugal, but I haven't seen cookie cutters like this in my dollar store travels.  The object is to put the hearts in size order. Boogie loves to do this with my measuring cups, so I know he would love to do it with hearts. Maybe I will put out my measuring cups and spoons like she does in another post!


Next, over at Katie's Nesting Spot, there is a wonderful Valentine countdown, complete with a tutorial. It is so pretty and in each pocket they wrote something specific they love about their little girl right now to capture the moment. I don't have time to make something like that this year, but I would love to do it for next year!


I am not doing this great idea from Mama Pike's Happy Home because Boogie isn't old enough to appreciate it yet. But I would love to do it next year as well. This is called a "heart attack" and the idea is to plaster your child's door with hearts describing some of the many reasons you love them.


I did not make valentines for family and friends this year but if I get more organized next year (I feel like Scarlett O'Hara repeating over and over "Tomorrow is another day" but my mantra is "Maybe I'll do it next year") than this is such a sweet idea. Kierste at Brown Paper Packages used thumbprints to create custom valentines. I love crafts that freeze time on how small Boogie and Bam Bam are physically, like fingerprint, handprint and footprint crafts do.


Lastly, this is another month when I had a couple different ideas for what I wanted to do with play dough (like with snow dough or Chinese New Year dough in January) and I went with red, sparkly, and cherry-scented instead of this awesome chocolate play dough from The Imagination Tree. My reasoning- Boogie loves chocolate and I really don't want him eating our play dough! Say it with me, guys...maybe next year!


So that wraps up my fave five this week! For more Valentine fun here at H is for Homeschooling, check out our Valentine play dough, Valentine sensory bin, or Valentine tot trays or my Valentine Pinterest board!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including our countdown! I am glad you liked it. My daughter always looks forward to it coming out for display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, thanks for sharing your great idea :) I look forward to Boogie being old enough to enjoy this.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...