CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Felt Valentine Cookies

I saw several wonderful ideas for felt Valentine's Day cookies in my Google reader and on Pinterest. Boogie really enjoyed all of our Christmas baking, so I thought he would enjoy some pretend baking in his kitchen set.

First I saw this link at Nap Time Crafters and love the way they look...but this project involved sewing. HA! I don't do sewing. I can, but I choose not to because I just don't have the time right now!

Then, at I Can Teach My Child, Jenae did something similar without any sewing. She got the idea from the Frugal Family Fun Blog. I realized that not only could I do this, but I could add my own little Sierra touch and make it really authentic for Boogie based on my container saving lunacy.

I am not giving a tutorial here, because those sites provide very thorough tutorials. I am just sharing our finished products here. 

In case Boogie enjoys this, I laminated and used velcro on the icing label so I can just switch it out depending on the holiday. And it is a win-win because he loves velcro. He can open and close and drop and dump with the containers while he is baking and decorating. 


Pin It

Inside the icing container, Boogie can choose from red, pink, or purple icing to top his cookies. I made six of each color icing so Boogie can choose to do all one color, or mix up the colors. Inside the sprinkles container, there are red, pink, purple, and white sprinkles.


This is how I am storing the cookie making fun on his shelf with all his trays at the moment.  He loves this little basket.


Anyone else making festive felt food for Valentine's Day?

Linking up to these great parties!

18 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I think I need to invest in felt! I keep seeing the best ideas online to do with felt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trina, you should definitely get felt! I usually buy it in packs when I see them and then buy individual extra colors as needed. The possibilities are endless!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, these are VERY cute!!!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!! Sorry for the confusion. I joined a blog hop and my first page was that. Please re-share your projects at Sharing Saturday here: http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/02/sharing-saturday-7.html. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! We have our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party going on now and would love for you to share this! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/02/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, your site is awesome! I will link up this week. Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  5. What a fun, fun idea! I love felt, and my kids love pretending to cook stuff, so this is totally a win-win combination! I'm so excited for it! And you can decorate a heart cookie any time of the year! Thank you so much for sharing this at Teach Me Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is a win-win kind of activity! I am glad you like it :)

      Delete
  6. I love this idea! I bookmarked something similar recently and plan on using it when we do a week on baking during preschool. Not quite sure how I'm going to do it; I'm not good with a sewing machine, but hand-sewing felt is pretty easy so I may just layer some pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three words for you, Karla: hot glue gun! I don't have time for sewing right now so I am all about hot glue!

      Delete
  7. Great activity!! : ) Thanks for sharing on fun frugal friday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing it at Sharing Saturday!! We hope you will join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday Link Party

    Natasha xx

    serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...