CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's on the Tray Wednesday 8

It's the middle of the week! Halfway to the weekend! You know what that means?







It's time for another fun week of What's on the Tray Wednesday! This is a link party for trays, bins, boxes, and bags- basically any way that you contain an activity to help your child focus on one thing at a time and to clean up before moving on to the next thing.

This week, we are doing Dr. Seuss tot trays. You can find my post here

Disclaimer: I do not put a "pin it" button on my WOTT posts because the pictures are not mine. If you are reading this post and would like to pin an activity, please click the link and pin it from the original blog!

The most clicked post from last week was from Jada Roo Can Do! Andrea already has her St. Patrick's Day trays out because her trays are switched monthly, and she also has some practical life skills trays, like building, cutting and opening/closing. My favorite tray of hers this month is the tray full of bottle caps. I actually just collected a second container of bottle caps from all the various places I was keeping them in the kitchen and I was trying to figure out what to do with them! Thanks for the idea, Andrea :)


Now on to my top three featured posts.

First, Jessica at Little Tiger Growing Up put together an owl/bird themed week for her son. She has trays that work on letters, Chinese characters, math concepts (tangrams), creativity, music...but my favorite tray was this simple art tray. She gave Tiger a Monet print and some bird stickers to decorate it. What a fabulous way to introduce art to a toddler! And to make it interactive. Love it. Tiger doesn't understand that this is a famous painting but he might recognize it when he sees it again.


Next, at We Can Do All Things, Adeline is enjoying the oil drip pan her mom hung up for her as a giant magnet board. Sandy has found so many amazing ways to use this tool, and I loved this idea so much I pinned it and cannot wait to buy an oil drip pan this weekend (okay, Hubby Man?) and figure out where in the world to put it. This week, Adeline was color matching on her oil drip pan magnet board of awesomeness.


Lastly, Lori from Cachey Mama's Classroom has a fun lacing activity to go along with The Mitten by Jan Brett. Since this is one of Boogie's favorite books recently,  I am partial to mitten activities :) So simple and easy to replicate, but great for fine motor skills!


Now, on to week 8!

The following rules are pretty standard across linky parties that I participate in, but it's all worth repeating :)

1. Link up a fun, kid-centered learning tray activity. Please link to the actual post, and not your homepage.

2. This linky party is only for activities that are contained- either to a tray, a bin, a workbox, a bag or whatever else you use to keep one activity in one place.

3. When you link up, please make sure you have included my What's on the Tray Wednesday button or a text link back to my site somewhere on your site (in the post, in your sidebar, on a linky party page). This way other people who are looking for tray activities can come back here and see what everyone else is doing.

4. I would love it if everyone who links up would become a follower of my blog via Google Friend Connect. If you leave a comment letting me know that you are a new follower, I will follow you back. It is always fun to "meet" new people who are doing the same types of things with their kids!

5. Each week, I will feature my three favorite trays from the previous week. So, if you link up, you are giving me permission to use one of your pictures. Hopefully, you will get some traffic on your blog as well :)

6. When you link up, I will visit your blog and comment on the wonderful things you are doing with your kids. Everyone loves feedback and encouragement!

7. Please comment on at least one other blog that has linked up. Again, people blog to connect with each other, and everyone appreciates being appreciated :)

WOTT is linked up here

Links away!

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all the featured posts, too! I shared or bookmarked each of them. Thanks for hosting this each week, Sierra! :) Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found things to share this week, Deb! Your sites and Facebook page are such great venues to be shared on :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for featuring my post! Tiger enjoyed all of his trays this week, except the tangram..hehe..as expected ;p. His favorite was the sticker tray too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jessica! Boogie wasn't very fond of tangrams either. Dumping the shapes was fun; the puzzle, not so much!

      Delete
  3. My post isn't on a tray but I figures it could be presented as a tray based activity. Hope thats OK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine! I agree that it could be on a tray :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring my mitten activity!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...