CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 2, 2012

Fave Five Friday- All things Dr. Seuss!

I love choosing five wonderful ideas I have pinned and featuring them each week! This week, in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday, which is today, I am choosing my favorite five Dr. Seuss activities that we will not get to because of time, lack of time/resources, or Boogie's age.

Disclaimer: I am not adding a "pin it" button to this page because these are NOT my ideas or creations and I am linking to posts, not pins. If you would like to pin these fabulous ideas, please make sure you click the link and pin them from the originating site! And you should go check out these awesome sites anyway :) 

Over at I'm Topsy Turvy, there is a a great idea for a "Pin the Hat on the Cat" game they used for a Seuss themed birthday party. This would be fun to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, whenever you read The Cat in the Hat, or just when you need to blindfold your child, spin them around, and let them work out their silliness.


At The Princess and the Tot, there are a bunch of creative activity trays honoring Dr. Seuss, but this shape matching green eggs tray is my favorite. This would be very easy to replicate with foam, felt, or whatever you have on hand. Or maybe even use a combination of textures for a more interesting sensory experience while practicing shapes.


I wish we lived near Allison from Train Up a Child and her boys because they are having a BLAST celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday! My favorite activity that they have done so far is this amazing glow in the dark Oobleck. We tried and failed to make Oobleck so we will have to try again next year, when I have recovered from the disappointment.


If Boogie was a little older, we would definitely be doing this next activity. LaPaz Home Learning is inspiring creativity with this creature creator tray. Dr. Seuss stories are full of imagination and color and play dough incorporates both of those things into an easy sensory experience.


Lastly, these Thing 1 and Thing 2 gloves from Repeat Crafter Me were just too cute to not include. Boogie would love a pair of these to wear while reading The Cat in the Hat! Or I could wear them and tell the story in a funny voice. Or we could just wear them and run around the house. When wouldn't we wear them, honestly?



Looking for more Dr. Seuss ideas? Check out my Dr. Seuss Pinterest board! And tune in next week for another Fave Five Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature! You have so many wonderful ideas on your blog (your own and those you feature), I feel honored to be singled out! Humbly, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Rebecca. Your blog is amazing, and I am happy to feature the things you do :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE these ideas Sierra! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...