CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lesson Learned- Mama Mia's Heart2Heart

I have missed sharing other mamas' posts for Lesson Learned! I am so happy to be back and introducing a beautiful lesson from Mia over at Mama Mia's Heart2Heart. Mia started blogging in October of 2011 and I discovered her blog fairly early on. She has two beautiful little girls and loves the Lord and regularly shares great ideas for crafts and activities. It has been amazing to see the awesome ways her blog has grown in just a few short months! Mia cohosts Sharing Saturday each week and more recently has gotten involved in the weather blog hop with a huge number of other fantastic blogs. I also love seeing all the cool things Mia does with foam or felt, two materials I love using for crafting as well.

As I read Mia's post below, I kept nodding my head. The conclusions she has come to are ones that I have come to recently as well. A large reason I am taking a step back from blogging is because Boogie just wants to play with his trains or kitchen all day. I don't want to dictate how and what he plays. He just needs to play! Our little ones are only little for such a short time. So, if it is quiet here at H is for Homeschooling, it is because we aren't doing much besides getting our CHOO CHOOOOO on at the train table allllll day every day lately :)

Without any further babbling on my part (can you tell I miss you guys?!), here is Mia!

**************************************************
   

Hello H is for Homeschooling readers, I am Mia and I blog over at Mama Mia's Heart2Heart and I am so honored and thrilled to be here on Sierra's blog today. I love her idea of a series of posts about being honest and being transparent about our journey as moms with our little ones.  Sooooooo, I have to be honest...yes we start with the honesty part right away...I had a hard time deciding on what to post.  I thought...well I could post on some of the times that lele and I did some activities that didn't go according to plan, I have a few of those. Or I could share some failures and struggles that I have as a mom. But, I finally decided on sharing with you a lesson that I have been learning lately...patience.

I think many of you can relate to the daily frustrations of parenting. Sometimes, children test our patience just a little bit and push our buttons.  Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom...to me being a mom is the greatest job in the world.  My girls bring me so much joy and the love that I have for them is unexplainable...nothing that I have ever felt before.
 

Yet, there are those moments when my children act out in a way that is not becoming.  Let me give you an example of a time when I had a plan and my child did not cooperate with that said plan...therefore testing my patience.
 

She had this white dress that I thought just looked so adorable on her and I wanted to take pictures of her so I can use my new fancy-schmancy camera. We had bought her a decorative yellow umbrella and in my mind, this ensemble was perfect for a photography session... Well... Don't you just love it when your child ruins your expectations and dashes away any hopes of that great result that you wanted so badly...in my case, adorable pictures to put on display.   She would not cooperate for the life of her.  She wouldn't look at the camera let alone smile. She just wanted to hold on to my mom who was helping me. And then...the whining and the crying began.  

And I have to be honest, I was getting a little frustrated and my patience was wearing thin...I did not understand why she couldn't just sit there, smile and look cute. I mean...come on...how hard can that be, right?? I give her a few stern words...well...more than a few stern words... And then...the guilt sets in and my conscience is nagging me...be patient.  She is just a child...and remember, you love her. 

Big sigh...It reminds me of how God is patient with each and everyone of us and that His love for us is so strong that He is long-suffering towards us. I know that patience is something that I need to work on and I have to rely on the Lord for strength...daily. Because it is difficult when my kids act out but with God's help, I know that I can learn to be the mom that I need to be for my kids.
 
 
Another lesson that I learned through this experience is that I need to cherish each moment with my children and make the best out of the times that I have with them.  Because spending quality time with my kids is more important than the outcome that I want. Someone once wisely said to me..."time goes by so quickly and in a blink of an eye, your children will grow up. Will you be able to say that you have done your best...to cherish each moment that you have with them." 
 



**************************************************  

 

2 comments:

  1. Very precious and truthful post! I love it! Thank you Mia for sharing your heart and struggles with us. I too work on being a more patient mommy daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have been there! We all have! I think being a parent has taught me a lot about patience - you are so right, they do like to test us every day.
    I have said a stern word or two (or hundred) that I am not proud of, and feel guilty about later. But we are all human. I just try to learn from the experience and ask God to send yet more patience the next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...