CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Mitten Muffin Tin Meal

Boogie adores The Mitten by Jim Aylesworth. We have not actually read the Jan Brett version, I now realize! Silly me! I have been wanting to do a mitten themed week since January but we are just getting around to it now. It's still cold here so it works for us :)


Pin It

I gave Boogie baby carrots because of the rabbit who climbs into the mitten. He nibbled on one but didn't finish it.

Boogie got to try these teddy grahams for the first time over the weekend and loves them. He was excited to see them in his lunch. I gave him these because of the bear in the story.

The yogurt represents snow. It is honey yogurt, so that can be for the bear, too :) Boogie loves yogurt in general but was not thrilled with it today. Even after I added some blueberries he didn't eat much.

The cheese and crackers are for the mouse who climbs into the mitten. Boogie generally only eats cheese if it is part of macaroni and cheese but I wanted to give it a try. He ate a bite, then took all the cheese off and ate some crackers.

I made Boogie a pair of mitten shaped sandwiches with a little bit of peanut butter inside. The peanut butter is for the squirrel in the story. Boogie usually only tries sandwiches if they are mine and I am starving and don't want to share. He ate about half of one today.

The spaghetti is dyed red with food coloring and has red tomato sauce on it. The spaghetti is my favorite part of the meal, and represents the yarn the grandmother uses to make her grandson mittens. Boogie ate all the spaghetti and was only a little concerned about the bright color.

I was going to give him a small mug of hot cocoa and marshmallows to go with it, but my nephew, Munch, was here this morning and still needs help and attention while eating (he is almost 18 months old), and Bam Bam was hungry and demanding his oatmeal and applesauce. So poor Boogie did not get his cocoa. On a side note, Munch ate more spaghetti than Boogie did and was really offended that I didn't have a muffin tin meal for him. I only have one plain 6 opening muffin tin right now, and my brother would kill me dead if I gave his son the pink one! Next time, Munch!

Linking up to these great parties!

10 comments:

  1. I love your mittens! What a cute lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They came out much better than I expected!

      Delete
  2. How fun!! I love the connection to the book. Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a former English teacher, I love book tie-ins :)

      Delete
  3. How fun! Those mittens are just adorable! Thanks for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Boogie, Bam Bam & Munch had a busy day! Great planning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...