CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 12, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Muffin Tin Meal

I love thinking up themed lunches for Boogie! I had a whole huge list of green foods, or foods I could dye green, and finally settled on six. I try to always have a few familiar foods and a few new foods. And I also try presenting familiar foods in new ways. Sometimes it goes well and sometimes it goes badly. Today, it went badly. Boogie is really off and has had a low fever for a couple days and he didn't want to eat anything. He had at least one bite of everything but he just wasn't on board in general. Poor guy has had a rough winter.

Even though it wasn't a smashing success, here is the St. Patrick's Day green-themed muffin tin meal Boogie ate (some of) today.


Boogie usually really likes edamame, but apparently only if he shells it himself. I got the shelled kind and he fought me through the whole one bite he took.

I used my clover cookie cutter on a spinach green tortilla to make him a little cheese sandwich. I only used a little tiny bit of shredded cheddar because he doesn't generally like cheese, and he was excited when he saw it, but he got it close to his mouth and changed his mind. Again, he fought me. Personally, I thought the tortilla was really good! I was pleasantly surprised.

Of course, he demolished the green veggie straws. The only thing he finished. Stinker.

I dyed applesauce green and added green sprinkles...aaaaaand I tried to sneak in a little pureed yellow squash. But somehow he knew and only took 2 bites.

He ate a few grapes.

I made zucchini muffins with green dye and green sprinkles, but I tried a new recipe and they were a disaster. He ate 1.5 but they were just weird. I'm going back to my old recipe.

I am not sure what our theme will be next week or if we will be muffin tin mealing, but hopefully if we do, it will go better!

Linking up to these great parties!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!! I have not tried muffin meal tins with my boys yet! I should though. I love all of your green ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really cute and fun even though it wasn't that big of a hit with your little guy! Usually my kids love their muffin tin lunches, but the odd time they don't go over all that well. Hope next week's tin is better received!

    Sharla

    http://thechaosandtheclutter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your little guy is feeling better soon. We had the stomach bug last week and that wasn't fun! This looks like a great green meal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative! He may not have liked everything but it is great you try to expose him to different foods. Great job! We found you via hip home school hop. Come visit us too http://homeschoolpool.info

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the St. Patty's idea - very original! I put it in my post with your button! Thanks! (you can see it posted tomorrow)

    Happy St. Patty's!

    Kristy @ HearMyHands
    www.hearmyhandsasl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...