CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 12, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Play Dough Gold Hunt

While we may be reusing our Christmas peppermint play dough, we are having some new fun with it, so I decided it deserved a post to itself. This actually came about by accident because one of the jewel "ornaments" for our play dough Christmas trees was still in there when we rolled it out to make shamrocks. And it was a little circle. I cannot remember if it was gold or not, but it gave me the idea to put leprechaun's gold in the play dough for Boogie to find. I got the rest of the gold jewels and some gold gems. Now we can make shamrocks or search for gold in our Christmas play dough :)



Linking up to these great parties!

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy to be your newest follower! I found you through Carla's blog. I am going to have a gold and green glitter trail making paths in our classroom. We are going to have rainbow play-doh. The leprechaun will leave us magic powder that we will mix with milk to make leprechaun pudding and it is green too. He usually leaves us green "plants" to eat with green power dip. =)

    I would love for you to visit me if you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such great leprechaun ideas! Bet the kids loved all the St. Patty's Day fun!

      Delete
  2. Sierra, I love this! It looks like so much fun! My kids love to treasure hunts, and I am sure they will be thrilled to dig through play dough! Thanks so much for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday! I'm pinning this post too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla, for the kind words and the pin! I hope your kids enjoyed it! It looks pretty, too :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh what a great idea - we haven't done any play dough treasure hunts but I am still reusing my snowman play dough I made before Christmas as well :D

    Thank you for linking up to Tuesday Tots this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play dough lasts a really long time! Did you get around to treasure hunting in yours? Did your kids enjoy it? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. What a fun idea, Sierra! I featured your post and photo in my St. Patrick's Day Playdough Activities at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2014/03/03/montessori-monday-st-patricks-day-playdough-activities/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...