CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Tot Trays

It's been awhile since I posted new trays. For the month of April, we have some new Easter-themed ones out and I think they turned out to be pretty cute.

This first tray is all about color matching. I reused some of the yogurt cups from our Dr. Seuss trays, and made more for the colors we didn't already have. I shredded paper to make the yogurt cups look more like nests, but you could also attach matching pipe cleaners to the top and make them look like Easter baskets instead. I hot glued googly eyes and felt triangles to make pom poms look like baby birds. So, there are 4 different items Boogie can color match- cups, paper, eggs and birds. There is also the open and close component with the eggs. We can do some pretend play. Boogie will probably do some dumping of paper, birds, and/or eggs. And we can count up to 6.



Pin It

I found these hopping rabbits at Target, I am pretty sure. I reused the yogurt cups from our frog trays so Boogie can color sort. We can also count by color or total. And use fine motor skills to make the rabbits hop either around the room or into the cups. 


These cute little rabbits are from a "jacks" game from a dollar store. Boogie will use the spoon to practice his fine motor skills and scoop them into the openings. Some of the rabbits have blue tummies and some don't, so he could make a pattern or sort them. We can count them by total or by tummy color.


There were 50 erasers for $1 at Target! Score! Boogie can use the tweezers (fine motor skills) to sort them. We can count them by total or type as well. We can identify what they are and talk about the relationships (rabbits eat carrots. Ducks hatch from eggs). We can also talk about colors.


The hungry bunny game that I posted about last week is on one of Boogie's trays.


And we are re-using some old play dough with our Easter cookie cutters.

Besides our trays, we are celebrating Easter with DIY Resurrection Eggs and activities, an Easter sensory bin with DIY nesting eggs and Boogie also enjoyed a bunny muffin tin meal

Linking up to these great parties!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome trays! I bought the same erasers from Target too! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just wanted to let you know that I've passed the One Lovely Blog award on to you. Except now that I'm posting this, I see you've already received one.... Ah well, have two! ;>
    You can see it here:

    http://happylittlemunchkins.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/blog-awards-thank-you.html

    Hope you enjoy your Easter break! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many amazing Easter activities, Sierra! I love your creativity with the Hungry Bunny Game and creating chicks for the color-matching tray! I featured your Easter posts and color-matching tray photo in my Montessori-Inspired Easter Activities at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/03/19/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-easter-activities/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sierra, these are awesome! I LOVE how you made the pom pom chicks and put them inside eggs--that is brilliant! I've been using trays to keep the kids happy lately while I fix a meal (and to keep them from making bigger messes!), and I think they would love this! Plus it has the Easter theme! Thanks so much for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday!! I'm going to feature this on Facebook in just a few minutes (at PreschoolPowolPackets)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I love the little chicks! Thanks for linking up to Thinky Linky Thursday!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute trays! As I move into doing a bit more seat work with my 7 year old I'm realizing I need more ideas like these for my preschooler!

    Thanks for linking to Kids Get Crafty! ~Alissa and Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very busy! So many lovely Easter ideas....and such creativity...thanks for sharing with the Kid's Co-Op linky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to every comment either by using the reply function (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back) or email (if you are a "no-reply blogger", it is an easy change).

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...